New ERA Application Form
(This page was updated October 23, 2014)
1. Blonde d'Aquitaine
2. Brown Swiss and Brauvieh
3. Galloway (Canadian)
4. Goats (excluding Boer and Kiko)
7. Katahdin Sheep
8. Murray Grey
10. Red Devon
11. Red Poll
14. South Devon
This is a completely redesigned electronic Application for Registration.
Beginning with Version 3.10, fully secure SSL data encryption is supported and you may now submit credit card information.
The same form may be used for all Breed Associations allowing electronic registration.
The restriction concerning imported animals has been eliminated provided that the foreign
certificate is faxed to CLRC.
You will now receive feedback from the CLRC database and more guidance while
completing your application in order to minimize error. Messages
appear on the bottom bar of the form window. Please be sure that
the bottom bar is not obscured. You will be notified directly
on the form when your application has been received at CLRC. E-Mail
acknowledgements will not be sent when you use this new application. Beginning with Version 3.10, you may request a printed receipt of your application.
Version 3.0 and later works completely differently than previous Versions
and should work reliably on computers with Windows 98 or later including Windows 8.
Apple computers users may also use the software if they have Mac
OS X 10.0 or higher. Software is also available for Linux computers.
In order to use the new application, please use the following
steps. Steps 1, 2 and 3 need only be done one time, unless otherwise
requested by CLRC.
Permission to Use Electronic Registration
1. You are required to have an approved New ERA Agreement on
file at CLRC in order to register animals electronically. Without
it, an error message will appear when attempting to use the new
application. If you have not done so already, please print a copy
of this form and mail, fax or e-mail it back. You will receive notification
that the agreement has been approved. The agreement form can be
found at Electronic Registration
Agreement (PDF File). Even prior to the approval of your agreement,
you may download and install the software in Steps 2 and 3.
2. Download a free java program named the Appx Desktop Client, which is available for Windows, Linux and the Macintosh. Click here to access the Download page. In the event that the download page is not available, please e-mail here. Download times can be lengthy if you are using a dial-up Internet service.
3. Once downloaded, the file must be opened in order to install
the Appx software on your PC. Please install the software on your
desktop so that an Appx icon can be easily found. The default should place an Appx icon on your desktop. If Windows will not install the Appx Desktop Client into the 'Program Files' directory, delete 'Program Files/' and try again.
Login to CLRC
4. Once installed, you may click on the Appx icon, which will
connect you to the CLRC database any time that you are connected
to the Internet. There is NO link to the new application
through the CLRC website. Please use the Appx icon on your PC
5. The CLRC database is password protected and a logon window
will first appear. Please click
on the 'Remote' tab and enter the following information. All information
is case sensitive. Press the 'Connect' button after entering the information below.
|Password: cust0meR. (note that 0 is a zero and don't forget
the period at the end)
|Server Port: 8060
If you fail to connect, double check to make sure that you have entered the information correctly. Make sure your Caps are not locked. Also, make sure your Internet connection is active. Occasionally, a fire wall can interfere with communications. If you continue to have problems, consider turning off your fire wall while connecting to CLRC.
Obtaining Your Own Password
7. After logging into Appx, you will be asked for your own password. Links are provided if you don't have a password or if you have forgotten it. Your password will be e-mailed to you automatically. If your e-mail address is not on file, you will need to send us an e-mail to email@example.com so that your current address can can be connected to your account.
8. Your comments are helpful. Please e-mail your comments, questions,
or unexpected technical problems to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or telephone toll free 1-877-833-7110 ext. 307 Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time.